Tuesday 24 July 2007

The satay sauce that changes your life.

Hard day at the office? Don't feel like cooking? Been to see a Tennessee Williams play? Well, then, this is the recipe for you. The sauce takes exactly one Peter Gunn theme to prepare.

For zimbly purposes, a 'glob' is about two tablespoons.

1 glob Maggi sweet Thai chili sauce
1 glob tomato sauce
1 heaped glob crunchy peanut butter
2 squirts lemon and or lime juice

Bung all of the above in a small microwave proof bowl. Just cover with hot water. Microwave on 'high' for 1 minute. Allow to stand for thirty seconds then mix with a fork till smooth and creamy.

I like to stir-fry a diced slab of firm tofu with some onion and capsicum and maybe some raw cashews. The satay sauce is added last thing and then the whole lot is served on brown rice.

Notes:

1. I've never tried it but I suppose it would work on the stove if one is really thingy about microwaves.

2. My immunologist brother tells me Maggi Sweet Thai Chili Sauce is a common cause of urticaria (hives).

3. It's important to save at least three pieces of tofu for dipping in the sauce to check the flavour.

4. Tomatoes could be added once they've thought up a decent reason for their existence.

1 comment:

Shado said...

nice recipe! I'm looking forward to trying a few new ones myself!