Thursday 20 March 2008

'Twas the night before Easter

I arrive home from work, I put my groceries away and I check my email, to find the following messages:

Dear R, B and H,

Words uttered by my opponent this morning in court:
"And then the Plaintiff determined to bring down on my client the wrath of grapes."

Warm regards,
C.


Dear C, R and H,

Zannuck F. Darryl's production
"The Wrath of Grapes"
By Steinbeck John,
Directed by Ford John,
With Fonda Henry,
A Fox-Century 20th Picture,

Cheers,
B.


Dear B, R and C,

Critics rave about the "Wrath of Grapes":

"More pinot-noir than film-noir"
Journal of the Professional Winemakers of Australia.

"A full bodied adaptation of a vintage classic. This ensemble cask are no mere bunch."
Association of Australian and New Zealand Grapegrowers.

Best to all,
H.

I'm asking C if she buried her opponent with a hatchet.

No comments: